There is a common misconception that healthy eating is expensive. This doesn’t have to be the case. There are many ways you can save money whilst also eating a healthy, balanced diet. Try the following practical tips, they’ll help you save on your shopping bill and eat healthily at the same time!
• Prepare a shopping list and stick to it
• Plan meals and snacks for the coming week
• Make changes to accommodate products that are on special or reduced items
• Shop on a full stomach as you buy more food when you’re hungry
• Bulk buy non-perishable items such as rice and pasta
• Bulk buy meat and freeze
• Shop around e.g. your local butcher may have cheaper meat and farmers / growers markets may have cheaper (and fresher) fruit and vegetables
• Purchase fresh fruit and vegetables when they are in season as they are generally less expensive and of better quality
• Limit your purchase of “extra” foods such as cakes, biscuits, chips, soft drinks and desserts as they have limited nutritional benefits
Suzgo Chingati is a trained entreprenuer who writes in his own capacity.