Zambia is made in Malawi-at least two Malawians have ruled Zambia so far
1. Both Dr. Kaunda and Dr. Kamuzu Banda were longest serving Presidents of both countries and their roots are somehow not traced from Zambia and Malawi respectively. Both Kaunda and Kamuzu, having a common slogan of ‘Wamuyaya’ (forever), had something to carry in their hands as symbol of authority.
2. President Chiluba, born in 1943, took over from Kenneth Kaunda and Bakili Muluzi, born in 1943, took over from Kamuzu Banda. Both Chiluba and Muluzi went on to seek a third term of office but failed after extreme opposition to both bids.
3. Chiluba brought in Levy Mwanawasa and campaigned for him singlehandedly; Bakili Muluzi brought in Bingu wa Mutharika and campaigned for him singlehandedly. As fate would have it, both Mwanawasa and Mutharika won those elections.
4. Shortly after being elected as president, Mwanawasa fell out of favour with Chiluba and dragged him to court over corruption; shortly after being elected as President, Mutharika fell out of favour with Muluzi. The new Malawian President took his predecessor to court over corruption.
Now it gets interesting; Chiluba was prosecuted by Mwanawasa administration, Muluzi was prosecuted by Mutharika Administration.
Mwanawasa won a second Term of office, Mutharika also won a 2nd term of office.
Mwanawasa chose Rupiah Banda as vice president-Mutharika chose Joyce Banda as Vice President.
Mwanawasa died in his second term of office due to Cardiac Arrest. Mutharika also died in his second term of office due to Cardiac Arrest (Both deaths were predicted by TB Joshua).
5. Rupiah Banda took over from Levy Mwanawasa due to the incumbent; Joyce Banda has taken over from Bingu wa Mutharika due to death of incumbent.
The people who took over from the dead Presidents in both countries are named “Banda”
6. After three years, President Banda in Zambia lost to veteran opposition leader Michael Sata. Joyce Banda who has taken over the presidency will face election in 2014 which will make her serve three years…….